Robert F. Stewart school on electron density and related properties
23-26 August 2016 – Faculté des Sciences, Université de Lorraine, Vandoeuvre-lès-Nancy
Focus: High resolution X-ray diffraction and polarized neutron diffraction are the most relevant methods for respectively modeling charge density and magnetic moment (spin) distributions. Combining both experimental methods in a joint refinement leads to a precise spin resolved electron distributions in magnetic materials.
The aim of this School is to teach all participants the basic knowledge about paired and unpaired electron density distributions using neutron and X-ray diffraction methods and to practice existing refinement software.
This school is dedicated to electron density and its analysis with the emphasis on the combination of complementary experimental methods to enrich the electron density models leading to more complete description of the electronic behavior of crystalline solids.
The school will end with a round table about application of topological analysis and electrostatic properties of a charge distribution in chemistry, biochemistry and physics. Also we will discuss the role of the spin density in material science and how to combine experimental and theoretical methods for a better electron density modeling.
Target Audience: The audience will be typically early career scientists e.g. assistant professors, post-doctoral research fellows, and graduate students of crystallography, medicinal chemistry, solid state and materials science, biochemistry, theoretical, quantum and computational chemistry.
The number of participants is limited to 50.
The bursaries application can be made for IUCr.
- Prof. Georg Eickerling (University of Augsburg, Germany)
- Prof. Enrique Espinosa (Université de Lorraine, France)
- Prof. NourEddine Ghermani (ECP Paris, France)
- Prof. Benoit Guillot (Université de Lorraine, France)
- Prof. Maciej Kubicki (University of Poznan Poland)
- Prof. Claude Lecomte (Université de Lorraine, France)
- Prof. Dietmar Stalke (University of Göttingen, Germany)
- Dr. Nicolas. Claiser (Université de Lorraine, France)
- Dr. Maxime Deutsch (Université de Lorraine, France)
- Dr. Louis Farrugia (University of Glasgow Scotland UK)
- Dr. Alessandro Genoni (CNRS/Université de Lorraine, France)
- Dr. Béatrice Gillon (LLB, Saclay, France)
- Dr. Arsene Gukasov (LLB-CEA Saclay, France)
- Dr. Christian Jelsch (Université de Lorraine, France)
- Dr. Piero Macchi (University of Berne, Switzerland)
- Dr. Jacob Overgaard (Aarhus University Denmark)
- Dr. Paul Popelier (University of Manchester, UK)
Accomodations: CROUS Nancy
|Status||Selected option*||Total cost(euros)**||Extra night|
|Student||Studio (18 m2)||200||35|
|Other||Studio (18 m2)||240||50|
|*depending of room availabilities (CROUS)|
|**including lunches, coffee breaks and bedroom for 3 nights|
|9m2 chamber, non renovated|